Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Good times (for once)

I know I don't blog regularly but I have a really good reason... life is pretty damn good. In less than a month I will have been with my boyfriend Usually for 2 years. A lot of things have happened in that 2 years. The most amazing thing is normally at this point of a relationship I start to get bored, there is nothing about us that I am bored with. I look forward to seeing him everyday after I get off work, I miss him when he goes to the cabin with his family and I still get butterflies when he walks in a room. It is also the most healthy relationship, the most two way equal relationship. With the ex-hub I was his only social outlet and I have a hard time entertaining myself all of the time let alone be someone else's sole source of entertainment. Usually has his own hobbies and things he likes to do with out me and that is GREAT. We have great friends who will hang out with both of us or just one of us. I can't believe my life is this stable and that I can also be this happy. I have had some changes to my brain chemistry in the last year. I have started having the occasional panic attacks and Usually has been so supportive and understanding.

We agree on 2 very important relationship critical things
#1 Neither of us want children
#2 Neither of us want to get married.

I truly believe that we are going to be one of those couples that are together for 50 years and never needed that piece of paper.

Now if his company/insurance would just recognize domestic partnerships we'd be good.

Smiles,
HK

P.S. the ex-hubby has re-married... and her name is Heather. Freaky I know   

No comments: