Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One year later

Last year at this time I was in a major funk. It was the holidays I was alone and I was feeling insanely lonely. I was also beating myself up for feeling lonely as it was my choice to be alone. I locked myself in my apartment for New Years as to not repeat the self-destructive behavior I inflicted on myself (and others) at Christmas.

This last year as been amazing. I gave myself the freedom to just do. There were some major bumps in the road but I am thankful for them. I learned who my friends and loved ones truly are. I look at my life and I wouldn’t change any of it. I have a job that I adore and friends who love me for me. I wake up and I am happy.

I am starting yet another new chapter and it is hard to contain my excitement for it all.

This holiday season I will not be alone or lonely. I will be smiling and enjoying every last living second of it.



Yay!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Heather, isn't it amazing how things can change in just a year? I am so glad things are going well for you; I've often wondered how you are doing. Merry Christmas, and I hope 2011 is even better! Kind regards, Heidi