Monday, December 28, 2009

Yeah….

Starting last week I have been in a funk. Christmas is my second favorite holiday after Halloween and I just wasn’t feeling it this year. I have just been depressed, and frankly that sucks. I am lonely but I want to be alone. I really miss having tons of family around. My car got stuck trying to get to my folks on Friday and that didn’t help anything, then I hung out with some friends and drank too much… that didn’t help. I just feel like I am in a hole. Today I am just in a fog. Everything seems to be in slow motion.

To add to the dark mood we had the City of Plymouth police bring in a feral cat this morning. It was a very small female orange tabby showing neurological signs. We had to euthanize her and normally that wouldn’t bother me so much but the cat was so aggressive that the vet was restraining her with the leather gloves and I had to be the one to administer the beuthanasia. I knew that at some point in my career I would have to be the one to give the meds, but today wasn’t a good day for that to happen. The fact that orange tabbies are my favorite cats just made things worse. I know what we did was the kind thing to do, there was something very wrong with that cat, but I still cried.

I really hope these feelings end soon. I hate feeling this way and it has been a very long time since the last time I was hit this hard by them.

I know I have family and friends that love me and I am thankful every day for that. I am ready for the up swing.

No comments: