Sunday, August 9, 2009

In short I am going through whiplash

I went to visit my friend Eddie (I’ll get to that in the next post). Being in Michigan, I found myself in a place I had never been before… Someplace 100% safe. I was with Eddie and our friendship is without judgment and I met his friends who expected nothing of me because I was someone important to Eddie. That was the beginning and the end. No stress, no expectations. I slept like I didn’t have a care in the world while I was there, and that was because I didn’t.

I come home and I have to readjust to real life. People who don’t have my feelings or best interests at heart are right there. I know I have a choice to have those people in my life. And I am making those decisions, as much as they suck.

But honestly I would rather be curled up with Eddie’s dog. I will get back to who I was but I will ache for the safety and be comforted that it is there. If I really need it, it’s only a car ride away.

No comments: