Monday, March 23, 2015

Time flies

It is amazing how life has changed.  10 years ago I was with my ex-husband just starting our relationship and talking about moving in together and maybe buying a  house.  Now look at us,  he is married I am getting married and we have never been happier. Who knew that a divorce is what we needed to find our way in the world.

I don't know if he sees it that way but I do.  We weren't truly happy, I don't think we ever really were.  We wanted to be adults and not alone and that lead us to each other.  I was never a good wife to him.  I just wasn't ready but I had been in too many one sided relationships and I found someone who wanted it as much as I did so it seemed right.  Right for all the right reasons.

Fast forward to Usually.  4 years into the relationship and I have never felt restless or like I am missing out.  I am not looking or even noticing if there are options.  The guys I found comfort in while married are  frozen solid in the friend zone.  I never thought I would find someone who was enough. I guess I always thought I would settle for 3-4 years at a time and then move on.  It's what I did.  Emphasis on did.

Growth and being an adult,  who knew it didn't have to suck.

No comments: