Friday, March 12, 2010

I am responsible for myself.

I am not responsible for anyone else. I speak for no one but myself.

With that in mind…

I have decided that I will not take my failing in another person’s eyes as a personal failure. I didn’t asked to be held up against some conjured measurement or moral compass. I am a person in consistent evolution. More so in the last year than ever in my life. I have made mistakes and I take responsibility for that. I will not keep rehashing something I cannot change, nor will I be made to feel guilty. I will not allow that to keep me from becoming the person I know I want to be. I do not look back at the last 12 months and dwell on the things that I have lost. I look forward to my future and am thankful for what is around me now.

I am loyal to the core, I always have been but I think I need to protect myself more. I am making the choice to keep the friendships in my life that are truly two-way streets. I am tired of feeling like I put in all the effort. It is not worth the stress that comes with it.

No comments: