Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Damn straight

There is one toxic element to my work life and that is Negative Nancy with whom I work with on Wednesdays. She is one of those people who one ups you with every story. She can’t get a long with anybody and she can be down right rude to clients for no reason. And she doesn’t like me, and this is ok with me. She is also closing in being the queen of passive aggressive. She didn’t feel I was doing my part so she emptied all the garbage cans but instead of replacing the bags and putting them away she set each can in the center of their rooms. I told my boss about it and she asked if I felt like drawing faces on my “sad little trash can army”. It is pretty sad the lengths she goes to. She also likes to mutter under her breath at me because “I have been in the field for 16 years” blah blah blah. Last week I told her to knock it off and keep it in her head I was tired of dealing with it. I have also discovered (and failed at the last few weeks until today) was that the #1 way to piss her off is to be in a good mood. She hates that I get along not only with the vet that owns the clinic but the relief vet who works on Wednesdays.

There was a threat that I was going to have to work with her 5 days this week (normally it’s 1) but thankfully my boss decided she and I could handle things just us 2 for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I did a dance.

I love my job, I love 97% of our clients, I’ll be damned if one dark cloud is going to bring me down!!

No comments: